Library and Loans System
Those that attend kentANIMEted showings, and have paid their membership fee can gain access to our extensive loans library. This includes a number of items belong to the society, and some of us also loan out our own anime collections. This is how it works:
- You must first be a paid-up member of the society. If you haven't paid your membership fee, you can join at the Mandela building or online. See our page for new members for more information about joining.
- Once you're a full member, you'll be sent a password and details for accessing the loans system web site. You can use this to book out items. If you want to borrow from the library, you must use this web site. We will not loan out items that have not been reserved in advance.
- Initially, all members are allowed to take four items out of the library each week.
- The loans system is closed on Monday evenings until after the showing, so that we have a chance to get the loaned items together.
- At the midway break at the next showing (which generally comes at around 9:00pm), you come down to the front with your membership card and announce your identity to the Librarian, who will then hand over your reserved items. Note that this process can take some time - please be patient if there is a long queue.
- Items are loaned for one week. They must be returned to the Librarian at the start (7:00pm) of the next showing after they were taken out. Again, you'll need to bring your membership card and tell us who you are.
- Members were generally good last year, but we have had people try and mess us around in the past. Therefore, if you fail to return items on time (by 7:30pm on the night it's due), you will not be able to use the loans system the following week. Repeat offenders may find themselves completely banned. If you're unable to make it to a showing to return items, then get somebody else to do it. If this isn't possible, then contact the Librarian as soon as possible. If the Librarian knows you're not going to be on time, he may opt not to restrict your access to the loans system depending on your reason (I can't be bothered to walk to campus is not a valid reason).
- If you damage items, you must replace them. Damaged items must be reported to the Librarian as soon as possible.
- Please read our media page to find out how to deal with and care for the various items in the library. This includes links you may find useful for actually playing the various media we have on offer.
The Librarian may be reached by email at toshoanimesoc.org.uk.